New cap on its way for battery tab welder!

The capacitive discharge battery tab welder (inspired by various web postings including ledhacks and the seminal philpem note) has been sort of on hold since I discovered the nominally 1.5F cap I bought measured at 0.3F.  I had even made up suitable cables and hacked some wire and copper tubing into electrode blanks.  But I was afraid the cap wouldn’t deliver enough energy to do much.

With the interest in battery rebuilding at Workshop 88, I was inspired to get things moving again, so I ordered another 2F cap.  Someone had said he had good luck with a Volfenhag (which the new one is) and poor luck with Pyramid (which the old one is).  I just got notification that it had shipped.  Watch this space for news!

This entry was posted in Battery Tab Welder. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *